Tuesday 19 February 2013

First Attempts at Aerial Videography

I've been experimenting a bit with my GoPro 3 Black Edition mounted upside down to the bottom of my scratchbuilt trainer. So far, I have been extremely pleased with the results. I have been shooting at 720p @ 120fps with protune on, and am finding that the footage is incredibly versatile. By slowing it down, I can find useable clips even from an unsteady flight. Protune allows for creative colour grading and effects such as tilt-shift, or miniaturizing. Here are a couple quick videos I've made with this setup:



As you can see, the quality of the GoPro footage is very good. There is no jello effect, or rolling shutter, to speak of, and the plane is very stable and can easily accommodate the extra payload. For the next tests, I am planning on flying somewhere more interesting and also ripping off the landing gear to get a clear field of view. So far, these preliminary tests are quite promising!

3 comments:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.
    Rc Planes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing Video Production Tampa

    ReplyDelete